8 CBD Foodie Approved Recipes to Celebrate National CBD Day in Greater Palm SpringsAugust 06, 2019 • 12 pm
The 8th of August 2019 will be the first-ever National CBD Day so be sure to mark your calendars. If you are in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, or in the Coachella Valley, come celebrate with us!
Not only will you be able to learn more about the fascinating molecule that is CBD from The Leaf's highly trained staff, but you can count on huge savings and promotions from brands such as Leef Organics, Papa & Barkley, and Mary’s Medicinals. Each of these brands are built by experts in the industry who always have health and wellness in mind.
Mary's Medicinals - 11a.m.-1p.m.
Buy any Mary's Product and get a 1.5oz Muscle Freeze or 5 pack of CBD Capsules for $1
VetCBD - 12:30p.m.-2:30p.m.
Educating on CBD for Pets
Papa & Barkley - 1p.m.-4p.m.
Buy any Papa & Barkley product and receive a medicated patch for $1
Leef Organics - 6p.m.-8p.m.
25% off all Leef Organics products
CBD is incredibly unique in that it is a naturally occurring part of cannabis plant but does not provided a "high" or "stoned" effect that is traditionally connected with "smoking marijuana". In honor of National CBD Day, whether you are looking for something yummy to enjoy and share with friends, or something to help relieve pain and discomfort, we have recipes you’ll love!
- Regular coffee/ Decaf coffee
- 1 tbsp. sipping chocolate or chocolate powder
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ -½ cup creamer
- Preferred dose of Leef Thrival CBD Extract
- Optional: vanilla extract or desired flavoring
- Make a strong cup of coffee. Set aside.
- Place sipping chocolate (or chocolate powder) and sweetener in a mug.
- Drop directly on the sipping chocolate.
- Heat creamer just below boiling point.
- Pour creamer into the mug and mix all ingredients together.
(To enjoy chilled, simply pour over ice)
Wake up and smell the coffee! Start your day off right by trying this CBD Coffee that takes your morning to the next level. Absent of psychoactive effects, adding a CBD extract will keep you calm, relaxed, and focused on the day ahead. The infusion of CBD and coffee offers a way to enjoy the stimulant effects of the popular beverage without the physical arousal that some are prone to.
CBD GREEN TEA MATCHA LATTE
- ½ teaspoon Matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut manna
- 8 ounces hot water
- Preferred dose of Papa & Barkley 30:1 CBD Oil
- Mix Matcha powder, sugar, and butter in a mug.
- Add hot water (but not boiling, CBD is sensitive to heat!) and stir together the ingredients.
- Add the CBD oil and stir before serving.
CBD has properties that act to combat inflammation which is why it is a great additive to your morning beverage. Helping to reduce inflammation in the body, this Green Tea Matcha Latte is the perfect drink for non-coffee drinkers to prevent inflammation and keep you going throughout the day.
- 2 cups of butter
- 1 cup of water
- Preferred dose of Mary’s Medicinals CBD Tincture
- Chop butter into small pieces.
- Place butter, water and CBD into a small pot.
- Place over low heat for 2 hours (CBD is sensitive to heat so you want to use low heat so to avoid any loss of the cannabinoid).
- After letting the mixture cool, stir and pour into an airtight container.
- Refrigerate, use, and enjoy.
Craft your own CBD infused butter ahead of time for your morning toast or pancakes with this essential recipe. Melt water and butter into a pan and add in CBD oil. It as an alternative to any recipe that calls for low-temperature butter. CBD infused butter is an essential foundation for future baking projects; so, don’t be afraid to make a little extra to boost the benefits of your baked goods.
GOLDEN MANGO CBD SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 – 2 drops of Leef Thrival CBD Extract
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until very smooth.
- Add favorite garnishes on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this Golden Mango CBD Smoothie Bowl that will keep you chill all summer long. Refreshing, healthy, and tasty, this Golden Mango smoothie is sure to keep you cool by the pool. A daily dose of this superfood by Leef Organics, helps bring overall wellness to the body.
HEIRLOOM TOMATO, WATERMELON, & ARUGULA CBD SALAD
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ watermelon cut into cubes
- 2 - 3 heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese to taste
- A handful of chopped mint
Infused Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup local wildflower honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or kalamata cold pressed olive oil
- Preferred dose of Papa & Barkley Relief Tincture
- Cut the heirloom tomatoes, watermelon, mint, and onion. Set aside. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, and CBD Tincture.
- Plate the arugula and top with watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, red onion and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Summer salads are the perfect dish to keep you full without weighing you down. Try this healthy arugula salad that is paired with heirloom tomatoes and watermelon which is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and vitamin B1.
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preferred dose of Mary’s Medicinals CBD tincture
- Mash avocado in bowl with fork.
- Add salt, onion, tomatoes, cumin, cayenne, garlic, and cilantro.
- Add and stir in CBD tincture. Serve and enjoy.
There is no better way to celebrate than with chips and guac. Check out this recipe for CBD-infused Guacamole that will be sure to impress your guests! Now is the time to bust out the sunscreen, gather your friends, and bring this delicious dip to your next poolside party.
COOKIES AND CREAM CBD BITES
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 5 drops of vanilla cream stevia
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of raw stevia
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- Preferred dose of Leef Thrival CBD Extract
How to make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Place the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well. Mix the flax egg and butter.
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and press cookies so they are 1-2 inches wide.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Let cookies cool. Once cooled and crispy, start to crumble the cookies.
How to make the cream cheese filling & finishing touches:
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fold in HALF of the crumbled cookies.
- Use small cookie scoop and empty the scoop on top of the crumbled cookies and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Chill cheesecake bites in the freezer or fridge.
Always save room for dessert! Satisfy your sweet tooth with these creamy bite-sized Cookie and Cream flavored treats. Just add the CBD tincture with almond milk cream cheese, almond flour, and cacao for a guilt-free dessert that is tasty and delicious!
CBD GUMMIES FOR SLEEP
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder
- 2 T raw honey
- Preferred dose of Papa & Barkley 1:1 CBD Oil
- Pour juice into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Slowly mix the gelatin powder into the juice.
- Add the honey.
- Turn on low heat and stir as it begins to warm.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add CBD tincture.
- Pour into silicone molds (or a very lightly greased glass baking dish.) I used my measuring cup to make pouring easier.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden.
- Remove from molds.
10. Package in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
For those who suffer from anxiety or insomnia, these homemade CBD gummies will help you unwind after a long day. Using simple ingredients, this recipe supports better sleep while also creating that familiar tart taste and chewy texture. Try swapping out a high-sugar juice concentrate for an organic lower-fructose fruit juice to make these healthier. Happy cooking!